Salt Lake County Parks
3383 South 300 East, South Salt Lake, UT 84115 • 385-468-7275
Park Pavilion Reservations
Reservations for county park pavilions are accepted beginning the first business day each January. On this first day, reservations are only taken by telephone.
- The reservation fee for use of a park pavilion is $75 per day for up to 200 people and $150 for groups of 201-499 people.
- Call the Parks Office at 385-468-7275 to make reservations and for information on the fee structure for larger groups, or to schedule special events.
- The pavilions may be reserved from May 1 through September 30. Reservations are not accepted on the following holidays:
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Pioneer Day
- Labor Day
Sugar House Park Pavilion Reservations
County parks also takes reservations for Sugar House Park which is managed by the Sugar House Park Authority board and with which the County has a maintenance agreement. Reservations are accepted the first business day in March. On this first day reservations are only taken by telephone at 385-468-7275, or 385-GOT-PARK.
- Pavilion reservation fees are $70 per half day (from 8 am to 2 pm or from 3 pm to 10 pm) and $100 per full day (from 8 am to 10 pm.)
- The pavilions may be reserved from May 1 through September 30. Reservations are not accepted on the following holidays: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Pioneer Day and Labor Day.
- Call the Parks Office at 385-468-7275 to make reservations and for information on the fee structure for large groups, or to schedule special events.
Mill Creek Canyon Reservations
Salt Lake County has an agreement with the U.S. Forest Service and takes reservations for picnic areas up Mill Creek canyon. Reservations are accepted the first business day in January. On this first day, reservations are only taken by telephone at 385-468-7275, or 385-GOT-PARK.
- The picnic areas may be reserved from June 1 through September 30. Refer to the Mill Creek Canyon web page for fee and picnic area information.
- The Forest Service also manages a winter yurt at the Big Water trailhead. Its reservation season is from December 1 through April 30. Visit our News web page for the latest information on making a reservation.
- Refer to our Mill Creek Canyon web page for fee and yurt information.
- Reservations may not be made within three working days of the reservation date.
- Reservation fees may be paid with credit cards, cash, check, or money order.
- Refundable deposit fees must be with a check.
The parks office has the following equipment for rent:
|Bases (set of 4)||$3||$50|
|Bat and Ball||$3||$50|
|Bingo Cards (set of 50)||$3||$50|
|Disc Golf (set of 4)||$6||$50|
|Horseshoes (set of 4)||$6||$75|
|Shuffleboard (set of 4)||$10||$200|
|Volleyball and Net||$6||$50|
|*per day||**per item|
- Equipment may be reserved up to 2 weeks in advance of the reservation date.
- Weekends are counted as one day. Equipment must be picked up from the park office on Friday and returned on Monday.
- Separate payments are required for the rental fee and for the deposit. Only checks or money orders may be accepted for the deposit.
- If equipment is lost, stolen, or damaged then the deposit will be held until a replacement fee is paid.
- For equipment that is late you may be charged an additional rental fee per day.
- Call the parks office at 385-468-7275, or 385-GOT-PARK, to reserve equipment.